Thursday, May 30, 2013

Alright, So It's Been Awhile...

     I admit: I'm lazy.  Also, I haven't posted anything on here lately because, unlike normal writers (if those even exist) I go back and edit stuff before I'm done with the entire story.  And I hate when I post something on here, then I go back, edit it, and then I gotta re-post it again . . . nobody likes to reread that stuff a bazillion times.  However, I am going to start posting things again.  Truthfully, this is more for my benefit than yours.  Why?  Because maybe trying to post something on here once a week (if we're all lucky) will motivate me to actually write something, you know?

     I've been working on this one story for awhile, now.  It's unlike anything I've ever written before, because, unlike my previous stuff, this piece is realistic fiction.  Also unlike my other pieces, this is the first story I cannot get out of my head.  Seriously, it's been with me since probably last September/October, or so.  It is the first thing I've written that I am bound and determined to finish.

     Now, what could be prohibiting me from finishing it, you might ask?  Well, to be honest, I'm dilly-dallying.  You see, I have this funny quirk when I write: I imagine it first as a movie, and I use music to conduct the events in each scene.  This slows down my actual writing process significantly, because lately, instead of writing, I've practically been planning a movie.  I'm serious; I have the soundtrack all picked out, and everything.

     Even now, while typing this to you, I am supposed to be writing my book.  As you can see, I am currently failing.

     However, my point for this post is to inform you that I will, once again, begin posting my stories on here.  Or rather, story.  Singular.  One story.  Until it is finished.

     That is all.

Toodles,
Max

No comments:

Post a Comment