I take it you're still reading. If you are, well. . . Don't say I didn't warn you.
Now - since I can't seem to get you to put this stupid notebook down - here's a few things you should know before you continue:
- Nothing is sugar-coated. There is violence in these pages, and a lot of it. No one's going to be there to cover your eyes and tell you everything's okay.
- Nothing is understated. In other words, the way I describe it, is the way it happened.
- Nothing is as it seems. . .
So, with that ominous statement. . . let's get started. (If you're still reading, you must be one of two things: Tremendously courageous. . . or just very, very stupid. No offense, but I'm thinking the latter of the two.)
My name's Thema. I am just your average, ordinary. . . Okay, I'm not even going to finish that sentence, because it would be a total lie, now. I used to be your average, ordinary, teenage girl. You know, the kind that fights with her parents, sneaks out her bedroom window to hang with friends, has an amazing boyfriend. To be totally honest, my boyfriend is mostly what this story, if you wanna call it that, is centered around.
Now, hold on. Before you start thinking this is going to be some mushy, gushy love story, please refer to back to heads-up No. 1. There's violence, and gore. Sure, there is some romantic stuff, but. . . Ugh, just keep reading, you'll figure out what the crap I'm talking about, soon enough.
Here is a bit of a background story on me, my family, my boyfriend, etc. I'm sorry, but you won't understand anything, unless I give a bit of background info.
As of now, I'm 18. I live in a small town called Hashgrove. It consists of about 2,000 people, so it's not super small. . . unfortunately. (Oh, heads-up: I'm afraid I can't disclose the exact location of any of the places you will read about in here. Safety precautions, sorry.)
My family is pretty ordinary. I have a mom, a dad, and of course, the classic, pesky little brother. His name is Westley, but I just call him Wes. (Remember who he is, because you'll need to know him, later.)
A thing or two about Wes, before I move on: Wes is 6 years younger than me. I don't know why there is such a gap between us, so don't ask. Also, Wes is probably ten times smarter than me. (I don't know how that happened, either.) He's the reason I'm still alive, as much as it pains me to say it. Okay, moving on.
The high school I go to is the only high school in town. There's only one grade school, too. Big buildings, though, which makes up for there being only one of each.
This brings me to Connor Ewoldt.
© B. J. Robertson
No comments:
Post a Comment